Monday, March 19, 2012

I am a soccer mom!

This past weekend was Princess's first soccer game ever and I was so excited.  A little background, I played soccer growing up and all through high school and I am uber competitive.  Not just about soccer but most sports, games, etc- please I am an attorney, you don't get this job by being passive.  Anyways, Princess said she wanted to play and I have to say she is quite the natural. She is small for her age (still wears 2 or 3 T even though she will be 4 in August and is only 28 pounds) but she is fiesty.  I was worried though because she is quite hard on herself and does not like when others take things from her, get aggressive, etc.  she would not actually like "playing" soccer.  Sure enough during practice she kept losing control of the ball and started crying because she was not perfect.  However, I was determined that my child would not give up (see competitive above) so I figured she just needed some extra encouragement :)

My husband was home with Angel Baby since it was nap time so I was both cheerleader and videographer.  The entire video you can hear how "enthusiastic" I was- lets just say if there a reality show called "soccer moms" I would use this video as to why I should be considered for the role!  I was so proud of my little one and not only was she fantastic she scored the ONLY goal!!!!!  Since my cheerleading skills surpass my videographer skills, I missed the goal- in fact I taped the entire game up until the goal and when she scored all you hear is my screeching cheers and no video as the battery had died.  But even without the video I will forever remember that moment as one of my proudest as a mommy- and my adorable little Princess just continued to jump up and down and even threw in a little fist pump, yelling "I did it, I did it"- and boy did she.

Another funny story from the game to show that my child really does have superior skills and I am not just being biased- there was another little girl on the team who was quite good herself except she has not gotten the concept of not touching the ball with her hands.  Well before the game her parents did not really talk to me (in fact they looked at me like I was nuts to be honest); however, after witnessing Princess's raw talent the dad came over to me just ranting and raving about my star soccer player and how we needed to be friends because our girls were definitely going to play club level.  I just shook my head and smiled but I really was about to crack up laughing- club level?  was he serious- my child is 3- I was just thrilled she made it through the game without crying or peeing her pants!

I guess I would not be cast in the reality show "soccer moms" after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment