Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Give Up!!!

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!

I am not sure about you other mommies, but I often feel like in all aspects of my life, no matter how much I do, it is never enough.  Here are some examples.

Children
Princess and I have been going through some growing pains lately.  She seems to be testing her limits and mostly with me.  Plus, she as developed a bit more of an attitude and I seem to be the target for most of her sassiness.  I am trying to just stand my ground without losing my temper (which I am often unsuccessful at) but I am trying.  Anyways, this past weekend on Friday I wanted to make the day fun for the kiddos.  We went to the park in the morning, took Princess to get chicken nuggets at McDonalds and went home to watch WildKrats while we ate lunch before rest time.  Well Princess throws a FIT because she wants to eat at the coffee table and not the breakfast bar to which I told her no- I am such a mean mommy.  After rest time, which Princess refused to take, we went to the neighborhood park, played, Princess rode her scooter home but stopped every two seconds because she was "tired" so finally I picked her and the scooter up and carried them home (while pulling the wagon with Angel Baby in it)- again she LOST IT because she had wanted to ride her scooter.
On Saturday, I took Princess to The Lorax while Angel Baby napped.  We had a great time and my faith was restored that she was a wonderful, sweet child.  Until it was time to leave and she broke down crying because I threw the rest of her sprite away.  I was then "that mother" walking through the mall with a child kicking and screaming.

Here I am trying to do fun things and each time it results in a meltdown!  I give up!!!!

Family, work, etc.
Then there all the other aspects of my life that no matter how hard I try I still feel like a failure.  The house is never clean enough.  The laundry isn't done.  I don't call enough.  We don't travel enough to see everyone.  I am not at work enough (this is mostly from jealous co-workers who are pissed I only work part time so I could really not care about this last one).  I spend/don't make enough money.  Anyways, you get my point- it is never enough.

Luckily, I have a husband that tells me (on most days) that I am doing a great job, a family that loves me even if I am terrible about calling, friends that no matter how long we go without speaking when we do talk it is as if no time has passed.  Finally, my children, as much as I feel like they do not appreciate me now- I know they love me more than anything because even when I am punishing them and I am the bad guy, I am still the only person they want.  And one day they will appreciate me and will be sweet and loving and successful so I just need to stay strong.  But that does not mean I don't still get frustrated!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment